Y Ganolfan (Village Hall)
The library, built in 1905, was the gift of Sir H.B.Robertson. Opened in 1906 it was known as the reading room and had a fine collection of books. It was well used but by the 1970's had fallen into disrepair. In 1980 the reading room was repaired and extended and renamed 'The Ganolfan'. It was opened on 21st November 1980 by Mrs. Henry Robertson of Crogen.
The Ganolfan now consists of a large hall with a stage and two storage rooms off. A large well equipped kitchen and a committe room which also gives access to the stage.
The hall has a seating capacity of 200 but fire regulations limit the numbers to 150.
In 1989 when a gas supply was brought to the village, the electrical storage heaters were taken out and an efficient gas central heating system installed. The water heating is by a wall mounted gas geyser. It wasn't commercially viable for British Gas to supply the local villages, but as Ifor Williams Trailer Ltd were building a gas powered galvanising plant at the time all the villages received mains gas.
The management of the Ganolfan is by a committe made up of representatives of every organisation in the village.
Almost all of the village organisations use the Ganolfan for their meetings. It is also available for private hire.
There is no caretaker. Each organisation is responsible for the cleaning one month a year. The memorial to the dead of two World Wars stands in front of the Ganolfan